|What are you focused on?|
Jesse Flores forwarded me a great video explaining (full video below) why these superachievers beat overachievers. The video is 90 minutes. If you don't have 90 minutes to watch the video, I summarized the key points below (5 minute read).
Lets do it!
Main message - How to multiply your results
overachievers put in a lot of hours (maximum effort, minimum results (per unit of time))
super achievers are more productive for less time than over achievers
no is the master skill - yes creates no conflict. no does.
what are you willing to give up to become world class at a few things?
Focus on the fundamentals (everything has 1/2 dozen)
Formula for success
- fewer things
- more often
- get better at them
learn your hourly rate (annual income goal divided by 2,000)
work yourself out of a job - do everything at first then delegate non-core activities
too many choices (priorities) create paralysis
move from reacting to creating
do something everyday that scares you
6 success principles
- stop doing what fools do (don't do what you are bad at)
- master the few things that move the needle
- out focus your competitors
- out last your competitors through consistency
- measure, monitor, and keep an awareness on your progress
- outfail (if you aren't failing you aren't learning)