- 3 hours on Sunday reading 20% of The 4-Hour Body
- Eating eggs for breakfast instead of fruit
- Eating beans and spinach instead of fruit, potatoes, bread, and rice.
- Being thoughtful about what I ate at 3 meals outside of my home this week.
- Turning the shower on cold for a minute or so (not sure if this contributed or not)
The diet primarily consists of eating meat, legumes, and vegetables
I'm still somewhat skeptical, but I'm proving myself wrong by doing it. I didn't think I could lose that much weight in such a short time frame and especially without major effort. In fact I may have eaten more than usual this week. I'm not sure how this will go, but I'll be happy to update in the future with continued progress.
A few weeks ago my pants were getting tight on me. In 2012 reading The 4-Hour Workweek changed my life more than any other book I'd read (thanks Brian!) and knew the author had a weight loss book that promised maximal change with minimal effort. I was interested in losing weight, if I didn't have to eat stuff I don't like, work out, count calories. Basically I wanted to lose weight without expending much effort or changing my diet much. This diet fit me perfectly because I like to eat a lot and I like to eat a lot of meat.
The book advocates a cheat day where you ignore the diet and today is my cheat day so we'll see how it goes (fruit and beer) )
As my experiment progresses I'll post updates on this blog. If it is successful I'll have before and after pics :)